How To Turn Your Dreams Into Reality…
“The secret to change is one step at a time.” —Mark Twain
Everyone has dreams, visions or plans about things they’d love to have or to achieve. But too many of us have given up on them along the way. I remember working with a client who had dreams of becoming a writer. They were smart, articulate, well educated, but due to a bad experience in a College English class, the college professor called their writing style “amateurish and childish”, they stopped writing and so they gave up on their dream. My thought is that you only live once, so let’s figure out ways to truly live your dreams.
The eyes of a child. Sometimes it’s good to see things in a child like way. To be called childish though can hurt deeply especially if you’re pursuing your dream…
As happened with my client, words can have a big impact on us and I really hate it when words diminish our desire to pursue our dreams, but sometimes we allow them that kind of power over us… Like everyone else, I too have been impacted by the words of others…I hope to use words in a different way though, too re-inspire you to follow your dreams… Having a dream is the easy portion. We all have dreams. Some are big dreams and some are small dreams. Transforming your dream into a reality can be far more challenging. However, with the help of proven techniques, you can get you from where you are to where you want to be faster than you thought possible.
Like everyone else, I too have been impacted by the words of others…I hope to use words in a different way though, too re-inspire you to follow your dreams… Having a dream is the easy portion. We all have dreams. Some are big dreams and some are small dreams. Transforming your dream into a reality can be far more challenging. However, with the help of proven techniques, you can get you from where you are to where you want to be faster than you thought possible.
Having a dream is the easy portion. We all have dreams. Some are big dreams and some are small dreams. Transforming your dream into a reality can be challenging. However, with the help of proven techniques, you can get you from where you are to where you want to be faster than you thought possible.
Don’t buy into the hype that some people promote that you can just imagine your dreams and they will come true – you have to take some kind of action towards achieving them., it’s not a completely easy thing to accomplish your dreams, you definitely need to put in some hard work in order to achieve something worthwhile. It used to be, in many cultures, that it was inspiration from dreams that we had while asleep that we then took action on in our waking lives. So keep a look out for guidance from your dreams.
You definitely need to put in some hard work in order to achieve something worthwhile. It used to be, in many cultures, that it was inspiration from dreams that we had while asleep that we then took action on in our waking lives. So keep a look out for guidance from your dreams.
It used to be, in many cultures, that it was inspiration from dreams that we had while asleep that guided action on in our waking lives at times and hence the term “follow your dreams”. So keep a look out for guidance from your dreams.
Before you write this off as some crazy notion, let me assure you that sleep and dreams are highly important. In fact, it has recently been shown that sleep is vital to our success and well being because it is literally when new learning is consolidated and neurons grow. Scientists have shown this through the use of what’s called “light microscopy”
See the image below? This isn’t the kind of dream you turn into reality…Pick something better!
Now back to the Top 7 Steps To Turn Your Dreams Into A Reality. Here’s a process to follow to turn your dreams into reality.
1. Turn your dream into a goal and have a plan associated with it. When you have a goal, you have a true target. For a greater chance of success, your plan should have a deadline and it must be measurable. It has been said that dreams are objectives without a deadline. Devote yourself to steadily working towards setting a deadline and things will start to happen.Having measurable goals is important because without them you really have no way to tell if you moving forward… The human brain plays funny tricks on us and without a good way to track our progress we often succumb to false impressions our brains create.
The human brain plays funny tricks on us and without a good way to track our progress we often succumb to false impressions our brains create.
Let me give you an example of a measurable goal that has a deadline associated with it: “By November 15, I will lose 20lbs.” An important principle with setting goals is to make them compelling so that they stir up your sense of desire to accomplish them. At the same time, you also want to be realistic about what is possible. If you see your goal as impossible to achieve it becomes very hard to generate the energy and enthusiasm needed to move forward to take action.
2. Break your goals into small steps, so that they are easier to achieve and don’t seem as overwhelming. Want to know the fancy term that social scientist came up with for this technique? “Partializing the problem”
When you plan break goals into small steps…You don’t always need a hammer.
3. Now prioritize your goals into what you need to accomplish each day. Inside our minds, we all have a a constant stream of dialogue going on. Most of the time we are unaware of it, but thousands of times a day your brain gives you messages… So now it’s time to put this mechanism to good use and to let your brain know that your goal is more important than most of the random “inner chatter” that happens all day long. You know, more important than things like… “I like bacon” or “That person is annoying”.
Remind yourself throughout the day of your goal and your priority as well as many reasons you have behind wanting to accomplish it…
4. With that being said the next thing to do is to make a list of things that you associate as being negative that are related to your goal or dream. Most likely you already have negative things associated with your dream or goal. You may not have even realized it before, but these associations have been holding you back from achieving your dreams. So make a list of all the negative items that come to mind when you think about achieving your dream or goal. Then look at the are list and start to identify ways to deal with these challenges. Every time a new negative association pops into your mind, jot it down and create a method to deal with if needed. Keep doing this exercise over time as things will change and new challenges and negative associations will arise.
5. Now make a list of all the things that you view as positive about reaching your goal or dream. As you consider the positive imagine how would feel achieving your dream. Build up that feeling. Imagine people cheering and clapping – whatever helps you to intensify the feeling. Think about how accomplishing your goal would change your life… What would be different about your view of the world or your self-image? Now consider your next objective. What would it be? Make this objective as desirable and attractive as possible. Create a vision of your life after you’ve accomplished your goal. What does it look like, feel like etc… As you do this exercise, consider how repeating this process will keep your motivation levels high.
6. Now take a look at what additional steps you need to take in order to make you dream a reality. Do you need a license or permit? Are you starting a business? Do you need special resources? Do you need additional knowledge” How about skills that you might need to acquire? Create a list of the resources, knowledge, and skills you may need to acquire and begin your planning process to work through getting them.
Keep in mind the concept of outsourcing. Are there other people who can help you. Maybe you don’t need all the knowledge and skill you’ve listed. List the people you know who can be helpful to you and consider their expertise or resources that they might lend… A wise friend once said to me, “No man is an island” and that is very true when accomplishing your dream. Sometimes you need guidance and mentoring along the way. You may be afraid to ask for help, but keep in mind that most people actually like to help. Continue to break down any obstacles you may need to overcome into smaller manageable steps that you can overcome.
7. Take action every day & Track your progress. On a regular schedule review and evaluate where you are with your goal and re-evaluate what you need to do in order to move forward. Keep in mind that circumstances change and you may need to modify your plan.
Repeat every step as needed and best of luck to you on your journey to accomplish your dreams. When you achieve your dream don’t forget to celebrate!
Celebrate Your Victories No Matter How Small…
People often dream about many things and I had a turning point for myself in 2009 in which I developed a dream to help people develop more mental, emotional and financial freedom…
Comes with built-in Alexa Voice Service, so you can ask your ecobee to set a timer, read you the news, adjust the temperature, and more. With Far-field voice technology your ecobee4 can hear you from across the room.
Room sensors help manage hot and cold spots in your home, delivering comfort to the rooms that matter most.
Easily adjust temperature and comfort settings from anywhere using your Android and iOS devices. Also works with Apple HomeKit, Samsung SmartThings, IFTTT and more
Amazing ecobee4 review. This is the perfect device for your home. it allows you to control several things in your home and also comes built in with Alexa.
SyndBuddy – Get social signals and shares to your content. Content syndication for seo professionals